You explore the profession across the breadth of occupational therapy practice, experiencing a number of clinical and practice settings including a non-traditional context. In addition to intervention strategies you gain experience in applying sound clinical reasoning and learn something of the professional role within multidisciplinary and multiagency practice.
We include a problem-based approach within our learning and teaching, and learning opportunities with students from other professions. On successful completion you are eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists. This Occupational Therapy (Pre-registration) programme from Teesside University is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council and accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
Our pre-registration occupational therapy provision has been accredited by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
Many employment opportunities exist for graduate occupational therapists in health and social care, schools and voluntary agencies. Occupational therapists also work closely with other professionals such as doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, psychologists and social workers.
- Doing, Being and Becoming
- Enabling Performance Through Occupation
- Occupation and Performance
- Practical Research Methods for Occupational Therapy
- Transformation through Occupation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Occupational Health and Safety View 52 other Masters in Occupational Health and Safety in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Teesside University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We are unable to reconsider unsuccessful applicants in the same application cycle. You can, however, reapply in the future and will be required to meet the criteria as if you were a first time applicant.
- academic entry requirements being met
- satisfactory application form
- successful interview
- satisfactory references
- completed work-based risk assessment process
- a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.