Physician Assistant Studies graduates at the University of Kentucky deliver a broad range of medical and surgical services to diverse populations in rural and urban settings. As part of their comprehensive responsibilities, PAs conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventive health care, assist in surgery, and prescribe medications. PAs promote quality, cost effective medical care to all members of society. Physician assistants are certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and state-licensed.
How do PA graduates become eligible to practice?
Physician Assistant Studies graduates are eligible to take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination. After successful completion of the examination, they are eligible for state certification and licensure to practice as certified physician assistants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Overview of the US Health Care Delivery System
- Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Intro to Health and Disease
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1261 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English
- (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University). The
- equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to
- satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted
- scores must be no more than two years old.
International33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 29 months.
National33548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33548 USD per year during 29 months.
In-State13674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13674 USD per year during 29 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.