Statistics plays an important role throughout society, providing methodologies for advances in medicine, genetics and other research arenas, and for making decisions in business and public policy. Statistics is part of the natural, mathematical and biomedical sciences field in the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences.
The Department of Statistics at George Washington University also offers a graduate certificate in survey design and data analysis, as well as M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in biostatistics and epidemiology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Multivariable Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- Intermediate Statistical Laboratory: Statistical Computing Packages
- Use of Statistical Packages: Data Management and Data Analysis
- Methods of Statistical Computing
- Intermediate Probability and Stochastic Processes
- Applied Linear Models
- Applied Multivariate Analysis
- Design of Experiments
- Linear Models
- Bayesian Statistics: Theory and Applications
- Design of Medical Studies
- Advanced Biostatistical Methods
- Survival Analysis
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Regression Graphics / Nonparametric Regression
- Stochastic Processes
- Time Series Analysis
- Modern Theory of Sample Surveys
- Topics in Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Genetics View 473 other Masters in Statistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Course work in multivariate calculus, matrix theory, and at least two undergraduate statistics courses.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose: In an essay of 250 – 500 words
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.