The Library and Information Science program at the University of Kentucky offeris unique opportunities to their graduate students, including:
- Asynchronous online classes allow students a flexible, individualized schedule, and students may take classes full-time or part-time to meet the degree requirements
- In-state/Resident tuition rates for online learners (see current rates here) cuts cost of a graduate degree significantly for distance students
- Practicum and Study Abroad possibilities as part of student’s credit hours
- School Librarian Certification for students pursuing a career in school libraries or media centers
- Chance to apply for an Alternative Spring Break internship position in Washington D.C. at places like the Library of Congress, National Library of Medicine, or the Smithsonian Libraries
- A Top 5 U.S. News & World Report ranking in Health Librarianship
- Information in Society
- Information Seeking, Retrieval & Services
- Information Representation & Access
- Management in LIS
- Knowledge Organization
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 49 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Transcripts (may be unofficial---official transcripts will be required upon admission)
- Personal Statement: should--in 200-300 words--explain why you are seeking admission to the Library and Information Science program at the University of Kentucky, and why you are interested in a career as an informational professional.
- Three letters of recommendation**
- Up-to-date CV or résumé
International26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 736 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.