The mission of the George Washington University Master of Public Health (MPH) Public Health Communication and Marketing program is to train the next generation of public health professionals to make use of cutting edge communication and marketing tools to advance public health objectives.
Public Health Communication and Marketing graduates will be able to:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communication programs that help people make sound health decisions and effectively manage their health behaviors.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing programs that improve the health capacity of communities by enhancing the competitiveness of the healthful (versus unhealthful) products and services offered to community members.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate communication programs that promote the adoption of policies – in the public and private sector – which enhance health.
- Learn to create campaigns that make use of digital tools such as social media, mobile and mass media and involve story-telling, game play and app design.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biological Concepts for Public Health
- Biostatistical Applications for Public Health
- Principles and Practice of Epidemiology
- Environmental & Occupational Health in a Sustainable World
- Management & Policy Approaches to Public Health
- Social & Behavioral Approaches to Public Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Public Health View 275 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at George Washington University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Transcripts must be forwarded to SOPHAS in their original sealed envelopes directly from the institution.
- Statement of purpose
International40500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National40500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.