Graduates of the master’s program in Instructional Systems Design will gain skills that allow them to work in an instructional capacity in a variety of educational and training settings.
The Master’s in Instructional Systems Design at the University of Kentucky coursework consists of 18 hours of foundational required courses in ISD, including a basic research course, 12 hours of ISD or Specialty electives (e.g. Distance Learning Certificate) and 6 hours of electives outside the college, for a total of 36 credit hours.
Master’s students may also elect to complete the graduate degree with a thesis option. The student will work with a thesis advisor faculty member to allot 6 credit hours from the ISD Specialty group for the thesis work.
- Clinical and laboratory teaching
- Video technology instrunction
- Use and integration of educational media
- Educational computing
- Modern educational problems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4146 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The University of Kentucky requires a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) on the Test of
- English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants whose native language is not English
- (or who did not graduate from an accredited English-speaking College or University). The
- equivalent score on the computer version of the TOEFL is 213 and the internet-based test is 79.
- Applicants may also utilize the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to
- satisfy the language requirement. A minimum mean band score of 6.5 is required. Submitted
- scores must be no more than two years old.
International24948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 693 USD per credit during 12 months.
National24948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 693 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lexington-Fayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.