Gain a deep understanding of the field of human resources, including the complex issues surrounding employment and labor relations in this multidisciplinary graduate program. Through a focused course of study, you will explore a wide range of topics that focus on the intersection of people and the workplace. You will gain the skills needed for a successful career in labor relations and human resources.
The Labor Relations and Human Resources program at the University of Rhode Island graduates work in labor unions, business firms, educational organizations, government agencies, and non-profit enterprises. Electives allow you to specialize in either labor relations or human resources. This M.S. program fully aligns with the Society for Human Resource Management’s curriculum guides for HR education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Labor Relations and Human Resources
- International & Comparative Labor Relations Systems
- Economics of Labor Markets: (neoclassical) and heterodox approaches
- Emplyment Law
- Labor Relations Law
- Relations and Collective Bargainin
- Colloquium in Worker History
- Human Resource Strategy
- Professional Seminar: Labor Relations and Human Resources
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management View 246 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.