On completion, graduates will be able to work either in the public or private sectors, advising on the complexities of property development to occupiers, investors, developers and planning authorities.
- The Spatial Planning and Real Estate Development course from Heriot-Watt University is designed to build understanding of the complex interactions and uncertainties of the development process. It provides students with the essential knowledge components of economics, valuation, planning, law, and regeneration and sustainability principles.
- It also develops an appreciation of the skills and tasks inherent in development projects, including community participation, satisfying the statutory planning considerations, undertaking the necessary financial appraisals, and achieving funding to make it happen.
See website: https://www.hw.ac.uk/uk/study/postgraduate/spatial-planning-and-real-estate-development.htm
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Urban Economy and Property Markets
- Governance Participation and Community Planning
- Spatial Planning
- Environmental Planning
- Planning Theories
- Real Estate Development
The course is suitable for students with an interest in pursuing a career either as a chartered development surveyor or as a planner with a specialism in land and property markets. Such opportunities are available in a range of employers in the private and public sector, including local development and regeneration agencies.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Management Urban Planning View 4 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Arab Emirates
- Minimum of 2:1 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a non-cognate discipline
- Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a related subject area
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered
International16184 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16184 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £3,888
- Overseas: £8,092
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.