Materials Science and Engineering courses at Clemson University encompass phase transformations, processing of ceramic and metallic materials, polymer synthesis, surface/interfacial modification and mechanical behavior.
The graduate program is designed to enable students to initiate and conduct independent investigation. In addition, if you are accepted into one of these programs, you will acquire a comprehensive understanding of a specific area in materials science through course work and thesis/dissertation research. The programs are open to BS and MS graduates from materials science and engineering, metallurgy, ceramics, polymer science, physics, chemistry and other science and engineering disciplines.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- You and your advisor will devise a plan of study that incorporates the required course work and thesis research. Topics will include deformation mechanisms in solids, phase equilibria in materials science, kinetics, fracture & fatigue, and solid state science.
- Although excessive tenures are discouraged, the Department of Materials Science and Engineering does not recognize any minimum or maximum time for obtaining the PhD degree.
- However, the Graduate School does place restrictions on the maximum time allowed to obtain a graduate degree.
- Obtaining a doctoral degree usually takes approximately three years; however, the degree will abe awarded when your academic and research advisor(s) are satisfied that the research program is complete and that all other formal requirements have been met.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
While there’s no universal application deadline, please be aware that programs may set their own application deadlines.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 1711 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Clemson University Graduate School oversees the admissions process for all graduate programs at Clemson University. Criteria used in making decisions will vary according to the college and program you’re applying for, but all decisions include an evaluation of your potential for graduate-level work and the ability of a program to accommodate additional students.
- Typically, each academic department accepting graduate students will form an admissions committee and review all requests, then forward the committee’s recommendations to the Graduate School for final approval and processing.
International27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6382 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Clemson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.