M.A. in Special Education at the University of Rhode Island candidates will complete a total of 36 credits over either a 3-semester sequence (for full-time students) or a 5-semester sequence (for part-time students).
The program provides a core base of knowledge about students at the elementary level through pre-program requirements (elementary education certification) or students at the secondary level through pre-program requirements (secondary education certification), and an existing base of knowledge through successful completion of designated tasks and passing a written comprehensive examination.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Inclusive Qducational Practices
- Assessment for Elementary Special Educators
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Supervised Practicum - Elementary and Middle Level
- Teaching Students with Mild Disabilities
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 650 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International28292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28292 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National15514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15514 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
In-State22382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22382 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.