Two options are available for the Industrial Engineering and Operations Research program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst:
- The Thesis option
- Coursework Only option
Students in the Thesis option are required to conduct research and write a Thesis (for 9 credits) under the supervision of a faculty member.
To complete the 30 credit requirement, students can select courses in their area of interest from a wide variety of graduate level courses, in consultation with their advisor. In the Coursework Only option, up to six credits of an Independent Study course, where the student explores a topic of interest under the supervision of a faculty member, can be used to satisfy the course requirement.
- Linear Programming
- Advanced Production Planning or Logistics
- Human Factors Design Engineering
- Stochastic Processes in Industrial Engineering
- Economic Decision Making for Engineers
- Multiple Criteria Decision Making & Decision Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 324 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- Bachelor of Science degrees from any engineering discipline, physics, or mathematics.
- All entering M.S. students who are planning to enroll in the industrial engineering and operations research program are expected to have successfully completed courses covering the following topics: linear programming, probability and statistics, and production planning.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency.
- Application Fee ($80)
- Please submit your transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, undergraduate and graduate, where nine (9) or more credits were earned.
- Personal Statement and Résumé
- Most programs require a minimum of two letters of recommendation, but some programs require more.
- Residency Statement
- GRE or GMAT Scores
International20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4671 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.