This Plasma Technology and Thermonuclear Fusion programme at Sofia University St.Kliment Ohridski is intended for specialists with Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Informatics or Engineering Sciences.
The main goal of programme is to train highly qualified specialists. It offers education in two modules: 1) “Plasma Technologies” and 2) “Thermonuclear Fusion”.
- The two modules have a basic training in the areas of plasma physics, vacuum technique, plasma generation methods and determination of plasma parameters.
- The objective of the training of the students from module “Plasma technologies” is to gain in-depth knowledge of the gas discharge plasma sources, theirexploitation and application in the ecology, medicine, industry, as well as the deposition of planar and nano-structures for microelectronics.
- The programme structure and specifically the training in two modules provides the opportunity for specialized preparation with compulsory and optional courses in the field of the plasma technology or thermonuclear fusion, respectively.
- In the module “Plasma Technologies” various types of gas discharges like DC plasma sources, high frequency and microwave discharges are studied within the compulsory courses.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To have completed higher education with Bachelor's or Master's degree awarded. If the applicant's Diploma is acquired from a foreign educational institution, it must be recognized with the purpose of obtaining access to further education within the higher education system of Sofia University 'St. Kliment Ohridski'.
- The average grade of the applicant's Diploma for higher education (BA / BSc degree) to be no less than the equivalent of Good 4 according to the Bulgarian system of grades.
- For some of the programs the respective faculties may have additional requirements or entrance exams, on the basis of which the applicants are selected.
International3300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3300 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sofia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.