About the program
The Marine Science program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst is fundamentally grounded in a broad, integrated, interdisciplinary approach to the study of marine sciences and technology and science management. Students located at the five participating campuses are required to complete “core” courses selected from the natural and social sciences to equip them for interdisciplinary studies and research before focusing upon an area of concentration.
The programs prepare students for employment opportunities in the private and governmental sectors and academia. Emphasis is placed on the education of researchers and scholars who will contribute not only to research but also to the application of that research in resource management and economic development issues.
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Soil Chemistry
- Advanced Watershed Science
- Aquatic Ecology
- Coastal Processes
- Conservation Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Biodiversity & Conservation Marine Studies View 92 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United States
- A single application form has been prepared for the use of applicants for admission to the University of Massachusetts Intercampus Marine Science graduate degree program
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or work experience are required
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- GREs scores and The TOEFL (if the applicant is not a native English speaker). Typically, for the GREs students should have a combined score of 308 or greater (1200 on the former scoring scale). For TOEFL, a minimum of 577 (233 on the computer-based exam, 90-91 on the internet-based exam) is highly recommended.
- Statements of interest and intent are also requested. The statement of interest should provide reviewers with an indication of your motivation for pursuing graduate work. The statement of intent should describe how graduate training would address your career goals.
International20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10190 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4671 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Amherst Center
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.