About the program
The comprehensive, multidisciplinary Marine Science program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst to matches the complex nature of marine sciences, and brings together expertise in marine science and related fields under the umbrella of the entire University of Massachusetts system.
Our mission is the scientific understanding, management, economic growth, and sustainability of our marine environments. Our wide-ranging program also focuses on our aquatic ecosystem and its contribution to humanity. The IMS program also provides a community for current students and faculty to enliven and simplify their educational experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Advanced Soil Chemistry
- Advanced Watershed Science
- Aquatic Ecology
- Coastal Processes
- Conservation Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 54 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Three letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or work experience are required.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework.
- Graduate Record Examination (GREs) scores and The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (if the applicant is not a native English speaker). Typically, for the GREs students should have a combined score of 308 or greater (1200 on the former scoring scale). For TOEFL, a minimum of 577 (233 on the computer-based exam, 90-91 on the internet-based exam) is highly recommended.
- Statements of interest and intent are also requested. The statement of interest should provide reviewers with an indication of your motivation for pursuing graduate work. The statement of intent should describe how graduate training would address your career goals.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.