Students completing the M.Ed. Counselor Education (School Counseling) degree program at Clemson University in School Counseling will demonstrate an ability to effectively work with students, teachers, administrators, parents and other members of the community. The growing Upstate South Carolina area affords opportunities for students to gain experience with a wide variety of schools and demographics.
Students may complete the program on a part-time or full-time basis. The full-time program can be completed in two years, including one summer. All students must complete the program in six years. Approximately half of the courses are taught at Clemson University and the other half at the University Center in Greenville during each semester. All of the school counseling-specific courses (6 courses) are only taught in Greenville. Full-time students will need to travel back and forth to both locations, and carpooling is encouraged. Most students tend to live in Clemson or Greenville. Typically the program does not offer online classes.
This program is accredited by CACREP.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of School Counseling
- Theories/Techniques of Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Assessment in Counselingst
- Development of Counseling Skills
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Intervention Counseling
- Diagnostics of Psychopathology for
- Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Counseling Across the Lifespan
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
While there’s no universal application deadline, please be aware that programs may set their own application deadlines.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 4083 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Clemson University Graduate School oversees the admissions process for all graduate programs at Clemson University. Criteria used in making decisions will vary according to the college and program you’re applying for, but all decisions include an evaluation of your potential for graduate-level work and the ability of a program to accommodate additional students.
- Typically, each academic department accepting graduate students will form an admissions committee and review all requests, then forward the committee’s recommendations to the Graduate School for final approval and processing.
International27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6382 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Clemson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.