- The new course design mirrors the System Engineering V-cycle used for product development in industry and consists of four layers. Course participants begin working at Layer 1: Stakeholder Motivations (Global, legislative, customer etc.) and progress through Layer 2: Vehicle, and Layer 3: Systems, before studying at Layer 4: Component engineering. Alongside this progression, there are additional supporting modules covering industry tools and techniques applicable at all layers and to manage the design life-cycle itself. Please see the Course Content tab for further details.
- This Master Sustainable Automotive Engineering's course is designed for engineering or STEM subject graduates with an interest in automotive innovation. You will develop the skills to design and evaluate the next generation of low environmental impact automotive products.
- The course is ideally suited to those aspiring to become research managers and technology leaders within the strategically important areas of vehicle electrification and sustainability. Through your studies, you will develop the management skills, technical awareness, and vision to assess different technology options within the context of environmental legislation and consumer expectations for vehicle quality, reliability, and performance.
- Throughout the year at WMG University of Warwick, you will gain a holistic understanding of the different technology options and methods for design, system integration, and verification that will drive the market introduction of new energy efficient vehicles.
- You will develop the skills to design and evaluate the next generation of automotive products that have a lower environmental impact than conventional vehicles. You will learn the latest innovations in research, technology management, and leadership that are pre-requisite for career progression within the international automotive industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Automotive Research, Strategy and Environment
- Automotive Hybridisation and Electrification
- Energy Storage Systems
- Electrical Drivetrains
- Systems Engineering and Functional Safety
- Modelling and Simulation of Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering Sustainable Energy View 102 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- A completed application form and application fee.
- A Personal Statement, which can be included in the online application.
- A scan of your transcript (marksheet). If you are still studying, send us your transcripts to date. NB: if you are made an offer, we will then require your original degree transcripts and certificate in hard copy format to clear your conditions.
- English test result (if applicable) - this can be submitted after you have an offer.
- One reference. If you completed studies less than 2 years ago, this should be an academic reference. If you graduated more than 2 years ago, we will accept professional references. We contact your referee directly, so please include their valid professional email address on your application form.
International27160 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27160 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14820 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.