With the exception of the program in litigation and dispute resolution, which is limited to Master of Law (LL.M.) degree candidates, graduate law students take courses with J.D. students. The resulting exchange of ideas is beneficial for both groups. Graduate students are able to combine traditionally taught courses with in-depth seminars, internships, skills training and clinical experiences. The result is a comprehensive approach to legal education. Full-time faculty members in each specialized field provide instruction, academic advising and thesis supervision.
All of George Washington University's graduate programs benefit from the Law School's location in Washington, D.C., which provides access to unparalleled academic opportunities and to distinguished expert practitioners, government officials and judges who teach on an adjunct basis.
The Law: Master of Laws degree is offered in the following areas:
- General LL.M.
- Business and Finance Law
- Energy and Environmental Law
- Environmental Law
- Government Procurement Law
- Government Procurement and Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International and Comparative Law
- International Environmental Law
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- National Security and U.S. Foreign Relations Law
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Banking Law
- Business Bankruptcy and Recognition
- Commercial Paper-Payment Systems
- Consumer Protection Law
- Creditors' Rights and Debtors' Protection
- International Banking
- International Business Transactions
- International Commercial Law
- Secured Transactions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 217 other Masters in Public Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with a JD from a U.S. or Puerto Rico law school must hold a BA or equivalent degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a JD or equivalent degree from a law school that is a member of the Association of American Law Schools or is accredited by the American Bar Association .
- Applicants with a law degree from a law school outside of the United States must have earned the degree from a recognized institution. Non-U.S. law school graduates may also need to meet the minimum language test requirement
- All candidates for admission must have demonstrated excellence in academic standing and professional achievements or positions indicating their capacity for performing master’s-level work.
International65420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65420 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National65420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 65420 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.