The Renewable Energy Engineering course from Heriot-Watt University will enable graduates to develop and implement creative solutions to the problems encountered in renewable energy capture, conversion, storage and management.
- Students will gain the knowledge and skills to assess renewable energy resources, design appropriate renewable energy systems, evaluate the performance of these systems and assess the wider impacts of renewable energy development.
- The course provides introductory courses to fundamental energy science and current energy issues, while the project-led courses focus on the design of renewable energy systems. The course concludes with a research-led dissertation in the summer.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Energy
- Economics of Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Advanced Renewable Energy Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Demand Management and Energy Storage
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 8 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- A first or second class honours degree in a suitable subject with a numerate background.
- Equivalent overseas qualifications will also be considered.
International20808 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20808 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time fees:
- UK / EU: £4,500
- Overseas: £10,404
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.