Mathematics is a basic tool for understanding modern society as well as a crucial requirement for many careers in science, engineering, business, and the professions. Research in this living, dynamic subject is at the highest level in history.
At The Unviersity of Iowa, an undergraduate degree in mathematics prepares students for a variety of careers in government and business, for secondary teaching, for graduate study, and with proper planning, for a variety of professional programs. Graduate study is advisable for some business and governmental positions and for college and university teaching and research. The department also offers a minor.
The Master of Science program in mathematics requires a minimum of 30 s.h. of graduate credit. Students earn the degree through courses and comprehensive examinations. There is no M.S. thesis. Requirements (courses and comprehensive examination areas) may be modified with the department's consent.
- Basic Algebra I
- Basic Geometry
- College Algebra
- Elementary Functions
- Logic of Arithmetic
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 430 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants)
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents and submit letters of recommendation
- Three letters of recommendation
- A set of your unofficial academic records/transcripts uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If you are admitted, official transcripts will be required before your enrollment
- Your official GRE scores from Educational Testing Service
- International students may also be required to submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement
International31232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31232 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National31232 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31232 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9266 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9266 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.