The certificate is offered by The George Washington University (GW) Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering, supported by the GW Institute for Crisis, Disaster, and Risk Management (ICDRM).
Courses are offered in the evening hours at GW’s Main Campus in Foggy Bottom, Washington, DC. Currently, all courses are offered in the traditional classroom mode, one evening per week per course, over an academic semester. Distance education courses are not available.
The graduate certificate in Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness and Response requires completion of one core course (EMSE 230 - Homeland Security: The National Challenge) and five additional Crisis, Emergency, and Risk Management concentration courses as listed on the ICDRM web site.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Political Violence and Terrorism
- Globalization of Threats and International Security
- Methods of Analysis in Security
- Intelligence and Strategic Analysis
- Information Systems Protection
- Security and Civil Liberties
- Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Inter-Agency Cooperation
- PEmergency Management and Crisis Communication
- Managing the Politics of Leadership
- Strategic Change Leadership
- Capstone Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 106 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to your online application.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University; describe your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans; and discuss your related qualifications
- Applicants should possess an undergraduate degree in engineering, the physical sciences, or applied mathematics.
International2035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2035 USD per credit and a duration of .
National2035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2035 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.