The course is modular, so you will study the essential core modules and then be able to choose one of four pathways to match your previous experience, future ambitions, and if you wish to study full-time or part-time.
The four courses are:
- Health Promotion MSc
- International Health Promotion MSc
- Health Promotion and Management MSc
- Health Promotion and Education MSc.
During the course you will explore the environments and social conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age in relation to health, and the factors that influence our health behaviours.
On graduation, you will be prepared for a career as a health promotion specialist working in public health practice in the public, not-for-profit, voluntary or commercial sector.
Their students often find employment in public health, or change their job role to include more public health, part way through their masters and may shift from full-time to part-time study to complete their MSc.
Typical roles include, programme coordinators or commissioners for local public health, health project coordinators for voluntary sector organisations, young peoples’ welfare or sexual health advisers in a college or primary prevention setting.
Global health issues are considered throughout the teaching, making the course relevant to participants from all types of economies.
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Strategy and Project Planing
- Nutrition in Public Health
- Social Marketing
- Managing Change
- Contemporary Issues in Health and Wellbeing in Older People
- Community Psychology Theory and Practice
- Health Protection
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Generally there's no deadline for applying for a postgraduate course at Brighton.
DisciplinesMarketing Health Management Health Sciences View 1964 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degree and experience:
- Normally a good UK honours degree or equivalent recognised award from an overseas institution in a relevant subject, for example health, social sciences, education, or in another subject with additional relevant experience (professional or voluntary).
- Candidates with professional qualifications (for example, health, teaching diploma and/or directly relevant experience, or record of active involvement in civil society organisations) will also be considered, although you will need to demonstrate ability to study and write at postgraduate level.
International13842 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13842 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7866 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7866 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.