The Administration and Supervision for Principal Preparation program at Loyola University Chicago features an intensive coaching model that supports the principal candidate through the entire program. These coaches are former school leaders with a history of transforming schools. Candidates are assigned a coach during the first semester of the program.
Through focused, in-depth coursework, MEd candidates gain skills, perspectives, and information intended for immediate application in transforming schools and improving student performance.
- Be well positioned for career advancement in school leadership by earning a MEd degree with Illinois Principal Endorsement.
- Learn from educators and administrators with professional experience in school transformation.
- Gain knowledge that is immediately applicable in school districts.
- Complete the program in just 2.5 years.
Each Principal Preparation cohort typically start every other year.
- Catholic Principal Preparation Cohort for practicing Archdiocesan of Chicago teachers holding a valid Illinois teaching license
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Three-Tiered Prevention: Advanced Primary Supports
- Three-Tier Prevention: Secondary and Tertiary Supports
- Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Theoretical Foundations for Teaching ESL/Bilingual
- Literacy and Numeracy for Principals
- Foundations Using Data for Continuous Improvement
- Leading for Data-Based Decision Making
- Instructional Leadership: Cultural Context for Informed Decision Making (Rome)
- Instructional Leadership for Multicultural Schools (WTC)
- Mission-Driven Leadership for Principals
- School Supervision for Principals
- Human and Fiscal Resources for Principals
- School Law, Policy Formation, and Community Involvement
- Master's Residency Seminar
- Principal Internship One
- Principal Internship Two
- Principal Internship Three
- Principal Internship Four
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3509 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 33 semester hours of completed coursework (6 credit hours per semester, summers included)
- 2 semesters of Internship facilitated by world class district leaders
- Designed for Chicagoland Partners for English Language Learners (CPELL) teacher leaders who may transfer up to 9 credit hours of prior masters study towards degree
- Upon completion, program may articulate into EdD in Administration & Supervision
International949 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 949 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National949 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 949 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.