Students interested in a professional career in the animal sciences will be exposed to educational and research experiences involving the many facets of animal nutrition, physiology, microbiology, genetics and meat science through a rigorous curriculum of graduate-level courses and challenging experimentation approaches.
The most current ideas and concepts in animal sciences will be provided to the students through their daily interactions with the faculty in both the classroom and laboratory environments. All Animal and Veterinary Sciences students at Clemson University will be required to use the most relevant experimental methods and techniques in answering questions to improve the understanding of animal biology in an effort to provide society with quality food products that enhance people’s lives.
Students currently enrolled in AVS have academic backgrounds in the animal sciences, biological sciences and microbiology. Generally, the students have a strong interest in working with domestic animals in order to improve the productivity of these animals as agriculturally important commodities.
- The graduate program in AVS offers MS and PhD degrees, which generally require two and three years minimum residence in the program, respectively.
- The Master of Science in AVS program requires that you complete a core set of graduate-level courses in animal science, biochemistry and experimental statistics in addition to the courses recommended by your advisory committee.
- The purpose of the AVS graduate program is to provide a high-quality education and to develop, through research, the knowledge and technology necessary to continually improve productivity, efficiency and sustainability of animal agriculture.
- Educating for the Future: Educate students to think critically, communicate and apply scientific knowledge in the field of animal and veterinary sciences.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences Genetics View 170 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- The Clemson University Graduate School oversees the admissions process for all graduate programs at Clemson University. Criteria used in making decisions will vary according to the college and program you’re applying for, but all decisions include an evaluation of your potential for graduate-level work and the ability of a program to accommodate additional students.
- Typically, each academic department accepting graduate students will form an admissions committee and review all requests, then forward the committee’s recommendations to the Graduate School for final approval and processing.
International27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6382 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Clemson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.