About the Program
All concentrations in the Counseling program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte qualify graduates to become a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) in the state of North Carolina. Graduates can also apply for credentialing as an Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) through the National Board of Certified Counselors.
The School Counseling concentration qualifies graduates for advanced-level K-12 school counseling licensure in North Carolina. Those completing the Addiction concentration can apply to become certificated as a Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCAS) through the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board. The Play Therapy concentration meets the educational requirements, as specified by the Association for Play Therapy (APT), for the Registered Play Therapist (RPT) credential, is recognition of academic achievement, and enhances professional standing.
As prospective professional counselors, graduates of the program are prepared to: counsel clients, both individually and in groups, on educational, career, life planning, social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and organizational concerns; provide information to clients for educational, social, career, and/or life planning; consult with other professionals concerning client needs; and conduct needs assessments, evaluations, and other activities for program design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theories
- Ethical and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Counseling Across the Lifespan
- Counseling Techniques
- Group Counseling
- Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling View 1093 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Possession of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- Overall GPA of 3.0
- Brief statement of purpose- This is typically 2-3 pages in length. The statement of purpose may include: how you came to decide to apply for a Master’s in the field of counseling, why you are a good fit for the field of counseling, specifically address your chosen concentration and how you believe diversity and social justice advocacy play a role in being an effective counseling professional & any other information that you believe would benefit your application.
- Three professional references
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Résumé or Curriculum Vita
- Your completed application and application fee
International11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
National11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State2890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1445 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.