The program involves traditional classwork, online assignments, field-based assignments and interactive learning experiences. A comprehensive written examination is required for graduation and you must complete the program within six years, although most students earn their degrees much more quickly.
Program graduates must meet all certification requirements as set forth by the South Carolina Department of Education. Currently, these include earning an appropriate score on the PRAXIS in educational administration and having three years of successful classroom teaching experience with at least one year at the level of anticipated certification.
This program will consider applicants for conditional letters of admission (CLA’s) pending successful completion of ELS Language Center’s level 112 English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
Goals for candidates for educational leadership degrees and professional endorsements include the following:
- Create new knowledge which is pertinent to educational leadership across a variety of P-16 institutions and organizations
- Apply knowledge, dispositions and skills ethically to ensure educational opportunities for all
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the dominant, most current research and theory pertaining to educational leadership, including organizational, institutional and instructional theories and research
Goals for faculty in educational leadership programs include the following:
- Accommodate candidates’ general needs as adult learners and individual learning requirements due to style, abilities or disabilities
- Include candidates in ongoing scholarship that expands knowledge about educational leadership, improves teaching and learning, and enhances public support for educational institutions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1498 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A completed Clemson University Graduate School application
- An unofficial transcript from your undergraduate institution(s)
- An unofficial transcript from your graduate institution (if applicable)
- The GRE exam (scores must be no more than five years old)
- A statement of interest in the program. Please tell us why you want to pursue a career in educational leadership, and also tell us why Clemson may be the right fit to help you reach your career goals.
- Two letters of reference
International15170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7585 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National7198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3599 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- The Federal Pell Grant is the largest federal student aid gift assistance program available to undergraduates.
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is available to full-time, first-time undergraduates who have exceptional financial need.
- The South Carolina Need-Based Grant is a program awarded to South Carolina residents demonstrating financial need.
- Federal Perkins Undergraduate Loan - Awards are made on the basis of financial need, with priority given to students demonstrating exceptional need.
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan - Students enrolled in graduate programs can apply. Students must enroll at least half-time (five hours) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.