You may take this program if you have an undergraduate degree and would like state certification to teach world languages in Georgia P-12 public schools. We offer a range of courses and electives to accommodate your needs and interests.
The program at the University of Georgia fulfills requirements for the master's degree and T-5 certification. You may also pursue endorsement in ESOL grades K-12 as part of the MAT in World Language Education.
Primarily intended for students who wish to pursue certification in World Language Education, our MAT in World Language Education requires a minimum of 36 semester hours of coursework, one prerequisite (special education course), and a final portfolio and oral examination.
Our program consists of two groups of courses:
- Group I courses are centered around practicum experiences and fulfill the requirements for T-5 certification
- Group II courses are completed during your second year and focus on advanced educational theories and practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Teaching View 791 other Masters in Languages in United States
While completing your Graduate School application, please include the following documents:
- Current resume/CV
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- 3 letters of recommendation
- International applicants are required to submit either their TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in two languages:
- * Bachelor's degree in English linguistics and literature * Master's degree in a college where English was the medium of instruction * TOEFL score of at least 80 (at least 20 on writing and speaking) * IELTS score of 7 (with speaking and writing of at least 6.5) 2. Teaching/target language: Proficiency will be demonstrated through at least a bachelor's degree in the target language or equivalent.
- 3.0 undergraduate GPA
International21153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21153 USD per year during 24 months.
National21153 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21153 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12972 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12972 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.