The Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy MSc offered by University of Brighton has been developed with the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT). Course graduates benefit from being able to apply for full membership of the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP).
You will develop your advanced evaluative and problem-solving skills for the examination, assessment and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal dysfunction.
A wide range of optional modules means you can create your own CPE study programme to suit your professional or personal interests and aspirations.
The course is designed to fit around your existing physiotherapy practice hours. Week-long intensive study blocks allow attendance for students based in the UK, EU and internationally.
Masters-level education is an important component of advanced and specialist practice. It allows you greater autonomy and to accelerate personal and professional development or promotion in your practice.
The course enhances professional and academic development, enabling graduates to pursue careers in research, lecturing in higher education, or expanding and developing their own clinical practice.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Musculoskeletal Management – Cervico-thoracic spine and upper limb
- Musculoskeletal Management – Lumbo-sacral spine and lower limb
- Research Methods for Healthcare
- Dissertation (not necessary for award of PG Dip)
- Musculoskeletal Clinical Placement – Lumbo-sacral spine and lower limb
- Musculoskeletal Clinical Placement – Cervico-thoracic spine and upper limb
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy: Exploring Practice
- 18 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Neuroscience View 120 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
- This course is for qualified physiotherapists. Applicants should normally hold an honours degree in physiotherapy but those with suitable alternative qualifications, such as a diploma in physiotherapy, will be considered.
- Professional registration as a physiotherapist is required, and students enrolling for the PGDip or MSc must be registered by the Health and Care Professions Council and be a full member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or hold their own indemnity insurance. However, this is not a requirement if you are enrolling for the PGCert.
- The department would normally ask for a minimum of one year's post-registration experience in a musculoskeletal physiotherapy setting.
International15012 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15012 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9072 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9072 GBP per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.