The Kinesiology program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte emphasizes basic and clinical interdisciplinary education and research in areas of kinesiology.
Why Choose The Program?
- The program is designed to best prepare you for success on the Board of Certification examination
- Our faculty continuously achieve regional, state, and national recognition as experts in their field in teaching, scholarship and research. They provide you with the personal attention, instruction, guidance and the mentoring you need
- The program has a wide variety of clinical opportunities to help you best prepare for future job opportunities
- The program will prepare you in evidence-based practice to help with clinical decision making
- State-of-the-art labs
Applied Physiology Concentration (Thesis required)
The Applied Physiology concentration is excellent preparation for those planning to continue their education through the Ph.D., either in kinesiology or a related field (biology, rehabilitation Sciences, physiology, etc). Students selecting this concentration will also be well qualified for employment in aspects of the health industry or in research labs.Clinical Exercise Physiology Concentration (Thesis Optional)
The Clinical Exercise Physiology concentration is a CAAHEP-accredited program that is designed to prepare students to become clinical exercise physiologists. Clinical exercise physiologists are employed in inpatient and outpatient clinical/rehabilitation settings (e.g. cardiopulmonary rehab programs), general wellness/fitness commercial and corporate settings, and industrial settings that provide health care services for both diseased and healthy populations. Through a blend of classroom instruction and clinical experience, the degree program teaches a wide variety of specific health care skills, knowledge, and behaviors within the cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, neoplastic, musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and immunologic practice areas.
Sports Performance ConcentrationThe modern Sports Performance profession relies heavily on evidence-based research in implementing strength and conditioning programs. The curriculum for the active and available sports performance concentration consists of high quality instruction on cutting edge theoretical concepts related to strength and conditioning. The instructors are researchers trained and certified in strength and conditioning from professional organizations including the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
- Research Methods in Kinesiology
- Physiology of Human Aging
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Cardiopulmonary Physiology
- Neuromechanics of Gait and Posture
- Research and Thesis in Kinesiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesKinesiology View 277 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above in all college coursework and possess an overall GPA of 3.25 on all upper division coursework (courses completed in the Junior and Senior year of the undergraduate program)
- Present satisfactory grades (C or above) on specific prerequisite courses: Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, and Statistics
- Present satisfactory scores on the TOEFL, if the applicant is from a non-English speaking country
- Demonstrate evidence of sufficient interest, ability, and preparation in Kinesiology to adequately profit from graduate study, as determined by the Kinesiology Graduate faculty. This information should be included in the statement of purpose and specifically speak to the following: a) strengths, b) concentration of interest, c) career aspirations, and d) research interests (if pursuing the Applied Physiology concentration).
International11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
National11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State2890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1445 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.