The interdisciplinary nature of the program creates an environment where cross-pollination among fields flourishes. Simultaneously, graduate students enter into vibrant communities of peers, faculty, and visiting artists: intensive studio visits and critiques facilitate re-imagining the boundaries of art practice.
The Fine Arts program offered by George Washington University in the Department of Fine Arts and Art History is a 60 credit, full-time program. Students register for 15 credits per semester, per the standard recommended for a terminal degree by the College Art Association.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Prof Practices- Fine Artists
- Drawing Strategies & Practice
- Woodblock Print
- Advanced Printmaking: Lithography, Monoprint, Etching
- Letterpress: Letterpress Basics From the 1400’s to the Digital Age
- Studio Visits
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Fine Arts View 570 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of fine arts.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose
- A slide or digital portfolio is required.
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 24 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.