About the Program
The Liberal Studies program of The University of North Carolina at Charlotte prepares graduates to succeed and stand out from their peers in a wide variety of careers including management, human resources, law, university instruction, social justice, and sustainability among other vocations and additional graduate programs. In fact, what makes this degree unique and exciting is that it is limited only by the student’s interest: the topic you want to study.
Many organizations now realize that their best employees are the ones that the skills from interdisciplinary liberal studies programs including a team orientation, improved communication skills, and a creative problem-solving aptitude. In particular, the ability to continuously learn that develops from being in an interdisciplinary liberal studies program is very attractive in today’s workplace.
Students can also obtain a graduate certificate in a variety of programs to boost their knowledge and marketability for a job. Certificates include Cognitive Science, Communication Studies, Emergency Management, Women and Gender Studies, Gerontology, Linguistics, Nonprofit Management, Translation Studies, and Professional Writing while completing the MA in interdisciplinary Liberal Studies. We are a full member of the Association of Graduate Liberal Studies Programs (AGLSP).
- The Liberal Arts Tradition
- Ideas Across Disciplines
- Liberal Studies Capstone Seminar
- Select seven additional courses from any department(s), with the instructor’s permission and approval.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There is not admission deadline each semester, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to the program!
DisciplinesGeneral Studies & Classics Liberal Arts View 682 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on academic work beyond high school and 3.0 for courses prerequisite to the area of proposed graduate study
- A two-page essay describing the applicant’s objectives in undertaking graduate work in Liberal Studies. Students are encouraged to articulate an area of study that they would like to study during their time in the program.
- A resume of employment history or volunteer experience (for applicants who have been out of school for at least five years or whose baccalaureate degree was delayed)
- GRE scores are not required.
International11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
National11846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5923 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State2890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1445 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Charlotte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.