Learning technology is a vibrant and maturing field of learning innovation; anyone with a stake in education should develop an awareness and understanding of these new technologies. They can provide innovative approaches that enhance learner experience and benefit teachers and institutions. The Postgraduate Certificate in Learning Technologies offers a state-of-the-art survey of the field, providing you with both theoretical underpinnings and practical hands-on experience of the technologies in different learning contexts.
The Learning Technologies course offered at the University of Leicester focuses on topical aspects of e-learning such as:
- New approaches to learning design
- Theoretical perspectives of Technology-Enhanced Learning and Pedagogy
- The use of Open Educational Resources (OER) and application for Open Learning
- The implications of social and participatory media for learning, teaching and research
This course is suitable for a range of professionals at all levels of education or training, including primary and secondary schools, further education colleges, universities, community and adult education, corporate, public and not-for-profit organisations.
Careers and employability
Education CPD+ offers a range of professional development opportunities for practicing teachers.
Our PhD opportunities are very popular with those wishing to pursue a particular research interest at doctoral level.
- The first part of the course will give you a broad overview of technologies, their associated characteristics and the ways in which they can be used to foster different pedagogical approaches across different learning contexts.
- The second part of the course introduces you to new learning design methodology which guides practitioners in making informed, explicit choices about which technologies can support different forms of learning. You will study through a series of synchronous and asynchronous activities and you will work both independently and, where relevant, in collaborative groups. You will be exposed to the latest research in (and materials on) learning design, drawing in particular on research from Europe and Australia.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 56 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 2:2 degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
International4500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
National4500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.