The main research activities of the Molecular Biology and Genetics programme from Bilkent University are on molecular genetics (genetic predisposition to cancer, tumor suppressor genes, gene-disease associations), molecular biology (regulation of transcription, differential expression, epigenetics), molecular cell biology (cell cycle, apoptosis, signal transduction). Immunology, bioinformatics, metabolic diseases.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Advanced Cellular Biology
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advanced Molecular Genetics
- Master's Thesis
- All applicants are required to have a B.S. degree in molecular biology and genetics, biology, or in a related field of science or engineering.
- Students with a B.S. degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, physics or a related field may also apply; however, such students may be requested to take several undergraduate courses in molecular biology and genetics to acquire necessary background in the field.
- Evaluation of applicants is based on their ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansüstü Eğitimi Giriş Sınavı - Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Examination) scores, past academic records, reference letters and an interview.
International14500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 USD per year during 24 months.
National6616 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6616 USD per year during 24 months.
- 54,000 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.