The curriculum is a balanced integration of academic, technical and design courses. Students obtain the professional skills needed to create experiences and narrative environments that engage, educate and entertain audiences.
At the core of this curriculum is the consideration of human factors in relation to exhibition design. George Washington University students leave the Exhibition Design program ready to assume the responsibilities of visual storytellers, communicators and visitor advocates.
Graduates of this multidisciplinary program are equipped to pursue a variety of careers with private design firms and museums focused on art, history, natural history, science and children. With job placements of graduates at preeminent museums and design firms across the country, the Master of Arts in Exhibition Design program is nationally and internationally recognized as one of the most comprehensive and forward-thinking degrees of its kind.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Architecture and Interior Design
- Core Studio: Introduction to Exhibition Planning and Design
- Core Studio: Advanced Exhibition Design and Planning: Museum Environments
- Advanced 3D Modeling and Rendering: Vectorworks
- Lighting Exhibitions
- Materials, Finishes and Methods for Exhibition Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 578 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission
- Statement of purpose:
- Design portfolio required. For applicants without backgrounds in art or design, portfolios can include photography, inspirational images, sketches, or any other media that visually represent the applicant. Interview with the program director.
International28920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 24 months.
National28920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1205 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.