The Master of Science in Environmental and Green Chemistry, offered through George Washington University's Department of Chemistry, develops the experts needed with an interdisciplinary curriculum that fosters proficiency in evaluating the state of the environment and designing greener technologies.
Unlike many existing graduate programs in environmental chemistry, this unique 30-credit hour program places an emphasis on green chemistry—the design of new chemicals and chemical processes with minimal environmental impact. Students pursue five core focus areas: energy, environmental analytical chemistry, air/water chemistry, green chemical processing, and chemical toxicology. For a broader perspective, the curriculum can be tailored to students’ interests, and courses in public health, science policy, and business are encouraged. A capstone project enables students to apply the knowledge gained from other coursework and develop the interpersonal and communication skills needed to collaborate with scientists and laypeople alike.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Organometallic Chemistry & Catalysis
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Electrochemistry Charge, Transformations and Storage
- Chemistry of Inorganic Materials
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Mathematical Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Environmental Sciences View 599 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two (2) recommendations required
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- Statement of purpose
International54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
National54750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1825 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.