This TESOL degree at the University of Georgia is specifically designed for students with an undergraduate degree who seek state certification to teach TESOL in Georgia P-12 public schools. This program accommodates your individual needs and interests through a range of program offerings and electives.
Primarily intended for students who seek state certification to teach TESOL in Georgia P-12 public schools, our MAT in TESOL requires a minimum of 36 semester hours of coursework, one prerequisite (special education course), and a final portfolio and oral examination.
Our program consists of two groups of courses:
- Group I courses are centered around practicum experiences and fulfill the requirements for T-5 certification
- Group II courses are completed during your second year and focus on advanced educational theories and practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching English View 211 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Current resume/CV
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- 3 letters of recommendation
- International applicants are required to submit either their TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Applicants outside the United States should allow 8-13 weeks for all materials (test scores and transcripts can be slow to arrive) to be received. Applicants inside the United States should allow 6-8 weeks.
Proficiency will be demonstrated through one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in English linguistics and literature
- Master's degree in a college where English was the medium of instruction
- TOEFL score of at least 80 (at least 20 on writing and speaking)
- IELTS score of 7 (with speaking and writing of at least 6.5)
- 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA)
All candidates seeking admission to an initial educator preparation program must take or exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment and be admitted to UGA.
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.