About this Degree
We offer a bachelor degree in Spanish at the University of Georgia. We seek to prepare our students to enter the profession as both teachers and scholars. Our faculty comprises a range of specialists offering courses in linguistics and literature. Our students have won competitive assistantships, awards, and scholarships and go on to productive careers as teachers and researchers at secondary and university levels.
Spanish faculty members teach linguistics (including applied linguistics, discourse analysis, historical linguistics, second language acquisition, pragmatics, semantics, and sociolinguistics) and literature (of Spain, the Caribbean, Latin America, and the Latino U.S. with specializations in literary periods from the Middle Ages to contemporary). Students are guided through the program by their faculty advisor.
- Spanish for Reading Knowledge
- Heritage Speakers of Spanish
- Language Diversity and Linguistic Identity: Spanish in the United States
- History of the Spanish Language
- Latino Literature, Language, and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 979 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three recommendations. You should request 3 letters of recommendation from people who can describe your academic accomplishments and your readiness for graduate study. The letters should be submitted electronically by January 1 through the UGA Graduate School website.
- Curriculum vitae. Your CV should include any honors, awards, teaching or research experience.
- Statement of purpose. Your 1-2 page statement should include a description of any personal, professional, or educational experiences that have prepared you or contributed to your desire to pursue advanced study in Romance Languages, as well as a description of your tentative study interests and your career goals.
- A writing sample, such as a research paper, in the language of study (7-10 pages for M.A. applicants, 10-20 pages for Ph.D. applicants).
International24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
National24676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24676 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8698 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8698 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.