A major aim of the Marine Resource Development and Protection programme at Heriot-Watt University is to provide students with training in holistic approaches to addressing and solving environmental problems and we strive to maintain a mix of entrants from different disciplines, from UK, EU and overseas, and from both recent graduates as well as entrants with industrial experience.
This mix has previously proven extremely useful in widening the horizons of the individual class members.
The programme has courses that aim to cover topics corresponding to priority areas of NERC's science strategy, particularly in the marine sustainability and climate change area of Marine Science and Technology (i.e. impacts of exploitation, role of biodiversity, water quality, climate change measures).
In addition, also covered within several modules are the general priority areas of Biodiversity, Environmental Risks and Hazards, Natural Resource Management, Pollution and Waste, and, as described above, all with an emphasis on an interdisciplinary approach.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Marine Resources and Sustainability
- Marine Ecotoxicology
- Applied Research Design and Analysis
- Marine Environmental Monitoring
- Climate Change: Mitigation and Adaptation Measures
- GIS: Geographic Information System for Marine & Environmental Scientists
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Aquaculture & Fisheries View 36 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
- Minimum of 2:2 honours degree or equivalent academic qualification in a related subject area
- For postgraduate conversion courses, non-related degrees will be considered
- Corporate (or chartered) membership of relevant professional institutions will also be considered
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20760 GBP per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA8448 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8448 GBP per year and a duration of .
Part time fees:
- Scotland / Non-UK EU: £4,224
- England / Northern Ireland / Wales: £4,224
- Overseas: £10,380
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.