This course in Wood Science at the Poznan University of Life Sciences is dedicated to students who have completed their undergraduate studies in Wood Technology, or Wood Science or Forest Products Engineering and have received the BSc degree in the above mentioned studies or in related sciences. We have an excellent student to professor ratio, guaranteeing personal attention and supervision for all students in the programme.
All students learn wood anatomy and chemical properties of wood, wood processing, how furniture is created, how wood can be combined with other materials and how it can be protected. We emphasize in our course that Wood Science is the key to natural resource conservation, as it is the only field that provides education for the proper utilisation of the most widely used natural resource.
The course focuses on the optimal use of the renewable material such as wood both in conventional and modern industries. Our course is exceptional, because during studies at our Faculty you will gain knowledge both in chemical and mechanical wood technology as well as furniture design. You will be taught how to select materials for wood industry on the basis of their chemical and physical properties and how to prepare them to suit the needs of a specific wood industry sector. By completing our studies you will know which characteristics of wood are the most important for mechanical and chemical wood technology.
- There is an increasing demand for sustainable biomaterials, and tremendous opportunities for professionals to help with design, engineering, manufacturing, and sales of these new materials and products.
- Graduates from Wood Science studies are prepared to undertake jobs in forest products industry, sawmilling industry, companies cooperating with wood processing industry (e.g. furniture or wood-based panel industry and similar).
- Job locations are available globally, both in large metropolitan centers and in rural communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical properties of wood
- Chemical properties of wood
- Wood protection
- Drying and hydrothermal processing of wood
- Furniture design and engineering
- Wood machining
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Wood Technology
- Wood Science
- Forest Products Engineering
- or related sciences
- The tuition fee is co-financed by the European Union within the European Social Fund.
- Student is not obliged to pay any tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.