This Spanish degree program at Loyola University Chicago allows students to explore their own academic interests, while at the same time provides them with a solid foundation in the literature and culture of the Hispanic world. Each year our students participate in the annual graduate symposium in Hispanic studies.
The program offers graduate courses in a number of areas. Our students experience both the traditional lecture/discussion courses and the graduate seminar. All graduate classes are conducted by full-time members of the department. Specific attention is given to the individual needs of students through directed readings and research studies. Graduate students also have the opportunity to work as Program Assistant to the Director of our undergraduate summer study abroad program at Universidad Loyola Andalucía, in Córdoba, Spain.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able:
- to demonstrate familiarity with works of Latin American and Peninsular literature
- to demonstrate familiarity with the general characteristics of several traditions and trends within the literary contexts of Latin America and Spain
- to use the Spanish vocabulary necessary for discussing literature critically
- to understand broad historical events, cultural currents, and current academic trends as they are represented in Latin American and Peninsular literature
- to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently
- to demonstrate the ability to do independent, scholarly research by integrating, comparing, and evaluating ideas and materials from various sources, both literary and critical
- to develop and sustain a coherent argument in both oral and written Spanish
- to know how to foster a collegial, collaborative learning environment that encourages self-expression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Realism and Naturalism
- Biblio and Methods of Literary Study – focus in Hispanic Women Writers of the 20th Century
- Directed Readings
- Methods of Teaching Spanish
- Don Quijote
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguages View 688 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Completed Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of PurposeTest Scores (GMAT or GRE)
- Professional Resume
- Language Test Requirement
- Transcript Evaluation
International1033 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1033 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1033 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1033 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.