The MS in Chemistry program at George Washington University offers thesis and non-thesis tracks to prepare individuals for distinctive career or professional paths. All students take core courses and comprehensive examinations in the fields of analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry.
Beginning with advanced coursework and training in the discipline as a whole and one or more selected subdisciplines, our award-winning graduate students engage in cutting-edge research alongside expert faculty. Research areas include proteomics, and bioanalytical methods development, synthetic medicinal chemistry and drug design, combustion, battery chemistry and renewable energy sources, laser and molecular spectroscopies, nano- and biomaterials, modeling, coordination chemistry and novel inorganic framework structures.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Spectrochemical Analysis
- Biomedical Mass Spectrometry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Chem of Inorganic Materials
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Physical-Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 747 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- A bachelors degree in chemistry or a related field.
- One (1) recommendation
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- Statement of purpose:
International56550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1885 USD per credit during 24 months.
National56550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1885 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.