The Biophysics Program at University of Maryland aims to train graduate students in the use of theoretical, computational, and experimental methods to gain quantitative insights into biological systems. The post genomic era is bringing tools for unprecedented characterization and control of living systems. T
To fully harness these tools for quantitative insights in biology, biomedicine, and bioengineering requires expertise from a number of disciplines. Thus our program includes faculty from Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Materials Science and Bioengineering. The Biophysics Program is open to students with undergraduate degrees in chemistry, physics or biology as well as students with majors in mathematics, computational science or engineering. Because student backgrounds are diverse, we tailor the curriculum to suit the needs of the individual.
- Protein Folding/Dynamics
- Nucleic Acids
- Biophysical Chemistry
- Membranes and Ion Channels
- Cell Biology for Physicists
- Advanced Topics in Biology: Cell Biology
- Advanced Topics in Biology: Cell Biology from a Biophysical Perspective
- Membrane Transport Phenomena
- Protein Structure, Folding and Dynamics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Introduction to Biological Physics
- Theory of Soft Matter and Biopolymers
- Basic Biophysics for Motion in Cells
- Theoretical Dynamics
- Methods of Statistical Physics
- Methods of mathematical physics
- Nonlinear Dynamics of Extended Systems
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Special Topics in General Physics: Physics of Cancer
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Biology View 1263 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Statement of Purpose: In addition to the questions requested by the Graduate School, applicants should include content, both backwards and forwards looking, about their interests in the University of Maryland’s Biophysics Ph.D. program
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
International51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.