The Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) programme
The Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) programme from Bilkent University is designed to help experienced teachers of English as a foreign language develop professionally by increasing their knowledge of foreign language instruction theory and practice. Students in the program examine the following:
- Linguistics, sociolinguistics, and analysis of the English language;
- Second language acquisition and TEFL research;
- Language teaching methodology, curriculum and materials development, and testing.
- Research Methods and Academic Publication Ethics
- Academic Practices
- Research Methods in Linguistics
- Thesis Seminar
- Thesis Writing
- Written Academic Discourse
- Submission of ALES (Akademik Personel ve Lisansustu Egitimi Giris Sinavi/Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) or GRE scores.
- Fluency in written and oral English. Please see the websites of each graduate school for the list of accepted tests.
- Official transcripts.
- Recommendations from instructors or others qualified to evaluate academic ability.
International14472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14472 USD per year during 12 months.
National4166 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per year during 12 months.
- 62,100 TL for national students
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.