Middle Grades Education (Grades 4-8) from University of Georgia is for individuals who wish to gain initial certification along with earning a Masters degree. The MAT in Middle Grades Education program consists of 78 credit hours. The program requires full-time study in cohorts that begin in September each year.
Students at Middle Grades Education (Grades 4-8) from University of Georgia will:
- dive deeply into their area of interest.
- get both field experience in the classroom and an exploration of pedagogical theory and implementation.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Middle Level Schools & Their Students
- Culture & Practice in Middle Level Schools
- Curriculum, Assessment, & Technology
- Teaching Content to Diverse Learners
- Teaching Reading and Writing in Middle/Secondary Schools
- Characteristics of Students with Mild Disabilities
- Classroom Management and Organization
- Instructional Strategies & Monitoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Secondary Education View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- Cumulative GPA for all undergraduate courses should be 2.5 or above on a four-point scale
- The state of Georgia now requires that all teacher preparation candidates either pass the GACE Program Admission Assessment or exempt it (1,000 Verbal + Math SAT, 43 English + Math ACT or 297 Verbal + Quantitative GRE) before they are accepted into programs
- The state also requires that all candidates have a minimum 2.5 GPA for undergraduate or previous graduate work
- Resume: Particular format is not required
- Application essays: Examine the middle grades education program’s commitments and respond to the three application questions. Each response should be 350-500 words and first-person narrative is welcomed.
International12593 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per year during 24 months.
National12593 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12593 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4439 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4439 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.