In the Fashion and Textiles Design programme from Heriot-Watt University, you’ll be able to study an area of fashion and textiles that interests you. You’ll also be encouraged to work on inter-disciplinary projects, reflecting the School's strategy of creative collaborations between subject areas to foster design innovation. And you’ll be supported by staff with knowledge that covers everything from design and manufacture through to technology and creativity.
- Challenge traditional and contemporary uses of fashion and textiles, as well as creating the opportunity to promote new approaches and processes in fashion and textiles
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies to meet the diverse demands of the fashion and textile industries
- Encourage, in inter-disciplinary projects, creative collaborations between subject areas to foster innovation
- Develop an inter-disciplinary understanding of key issues relating to the design, management and innovation in fashion and textiles
- Develop competent and confident professionals for the global fashion and textiles industries with an in-depth understanding of the creative process and its management in international and local contexts.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fashion and Textiles Practice and Expertise
- Design Context
- Design project
- Design Technology and Innovation
- Research Methodologies
- Raw Materials Testing and Exploration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
National deadline is for Scottish and RUK students.
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Heriot-Watt University and/or in United Arab Emirates, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A copy of your degree(s) certificates and relevant transcripts
- A portfolio of past design work where appropriate
- Proof of having being awarded a first degree(s)
- Proof of your ability in the English language if this is not your mother tongue
- Proof of how your tuition fee and personal maintenance costs are to be met
- Two academic referees
International16184 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16184 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7776 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7776 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.