Within this global range one finds a stimulating variety of individual faculty interests, extending to field archaeology, feminist interpretation, connoisseurship, iconological scholarship, codicology, semiotics, reception theory, and cultural contextual analysis. The faculty members are scholars and teachers, readily available to students and genuinely concerned to provide guidance from the student's first year to the last draft of the doctoral dissertation.
About the department
The Department of Art History and Archaeology at University of Maryland offers graduate study leading to the Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in Art History. The Program is committed to the advanced study and scholarly interpretation of works of art from the prehistoric era to the present and is grounded in the concept of art as a humanistic experience. The faculty offers expertise in all phases of the history of Western art as well as the arts of Africa, the Americas, and East Asia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Problems in Italian Renaissance Art
- Renaissance and Baroque Sculpture in Northern Europe
- British Painting, Hogarth to the Pre-Raphaelites
- The Landscape in Modern and Contemporary Art
- Colloquium in Art History
- Special Topics in Art History
- Methods of Art History and Archaeology
- Methods of Art History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Art History View 67 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing Sample (could be a research paper)
- Description of Research/Work Experience
- Publications/Presentations (recommended)
International51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.