The Master of Applied Anthropology program has been offered at the University of Maryland since 1984, and graduates have successfully secured employment or pursued doctoral work in a variety of fields, including medical and health practice, urban and regional planning and development, community development, conservation and heritage resource development, cultural resource management, historical archaeology, and anthropological genetic and ancestry reconstruction.
Purpose of the program
The focus of the M.A.A. program has been to participate in the building of anthropological practice. We ask that M.A.A. students identify an area of subdiscipline focus in either archaeology or sociocultural anthropology. In addition, students are encouraged to choose an area of research concentration: anthropology of environment, health, or heritage.
- Applied Anthropology
- Qualitative Methods in Applied Anthropology
- Development of Social/Cultural Theory
- Theories of the Past
- Ecological Anthropology
- Quantification and Statistics in Applied Anthropology
- Theories of the Past and Accomplishments of Archaeology
- Anthropology Internship Preparation
- Anthropology Internship Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 650 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Writing Sample
- Faculty of Interest (suggested for Ph.D. applicants)
- Additional Educational Experiences (all applicants are highly encouraged to respond)
International71652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
National71652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1706 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State32256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for College Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.