At Biological Sciences or Biological Sciences - Neuroscience from Stony Brook University through coursework and independent research, students are trained to approach research problems in neuroscience with a broad perspective. Expertise in the areas of molecular and biochemical control of development, properties of receptors and ion channels in relation to cellular physiology, the cellular basis of integrative functions, computational neuroscience and the structural basis for communication among neurons are available to all students in the program.
Students at Biological Sciences or Biological Sciences - Neuroscience from Stony Brook University will:
- receive in-depth research training in molecular, biochemical, physiological, behavioral, or anatomical sciences.
- get an exciting focus for research training.
- Neuroscience Research
- Reading, writing and speaking Neurobiology
- Cellular neuroscience
- Molecular neuroscience
- Sensory and motor systems
- Neural Plasticity, Learning and Memory
- Neural systems, emotion and cognition
- Mammalian Neuroanatomy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Neuroscience Biochemistry View 1224 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Three letters of recommendation.
- BS or BA degree in a life science related field, with a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00.
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement.
- All non-native speakers of English must score a minimum of 600 (paper), 250 (computer) or 100 (iBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- CV / Resume (optional)
- Application Fee
International25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
National25626 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12813 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State13836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6918 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.