The M.A. in Classical Studies at Villanova University is available fully online. No attendance on campus is necessary. The degree requirements for the online M.A. are the same for the campus M.A. All courses have weekly live class sessions which online students participate in via a web conferencing link.
- Our curriculum covers a well-balanced foundation in classical languages, literature and culture. The Classics program represents the ultimate in multidisciplinary study.
- Our faculty are passionate about the field and dedicated to teaching.
- Our program offers convenient class hours (in the evenings) and online courses, including a fully online M.A. in Classical Studies (Latin track).
- Villanova loves teachers! Generous tuition discounts are available for teachers and other educators.
- Villanova’s campus is located in suburban Philadelphia and is easily accessible by car or public transportation.
- 10 courses: Literature courses (including 2 literature surveys) and culture courses
- Classical Language Translation Exam: Prose and poetry (choice of passages) [for Greek/Latin or Latin tracks]
- Classical Literature Essay Exam: Essays on Greek and Latin literature [for Classical Culture track]
- Modern Language Exam (optional): Excerpts of classical scholarship in French, German, or Italian (dictionary allowed; choice of passages)
- Research Portfolio: (1) two literature survey papers, (2) special topic paper [papers written in conjunction with courses]
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History General Studies & Classics View 75 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the M.A. Program in Classical Studies should have completed an undergraduate degree in Classics (or another field, for those pursuing the Classical Culture track) with evidence of academic distinction and aptitude for pursuing graduate work in the Classical Studies Program.
International12300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 820 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 820 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.