The Master of Science in Education program is designed to develop foundation competencies in special education, while supporting the induction of general education teachers into the field of special education. The program addresses the needs of individuals with teacher certification in fields other than special education. The program is appropriate for both individuals who wish to better serve students with disabilities as general education teachers and those who wish to move into the role of special education teacher.
The Master of Science program is designed to meet the advanced study needs of current teachers with special education licensure. The program focuses on developing leadership, action research, and other advanced competencies.
- The development of Language in Students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Introduction to Visual Impairments
- Braille Reading and Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 685 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present official transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned
- submit a cover letter outlining professional goals
- submit a letter documenting a minimum of one year of successful teaching experience
International17290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17290 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9466 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.