This Russian and Comparative Literature M.A. program at Pennsylvania State University enables students to concentrate in Russian literature at the graduate level while having the advantages of a comparative context. Students completing this M.A. will acquire an in-depth understanding of Russian literature and culture and will be proficient in Russian and one other world language.
This program can prepare students for further graduate study in Russian, Slavic studies, or comparative literature, for service with governmental or non-governmental organizations, or for employment with an international corporation.
- Comparative Method in Literary Studies
- Seminar in Russian Literature
- Readings in Russian Literature
- Studies in Literary Genres
- Studies in Literary Periods and Movements
- Studies in Literary Themes and Motifs
- Comparative Poetics
- Global Visual Culture
- Comparative Modernisms
- Theory and Practice of Translation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 982 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Students with appropriate course backgrounds and a 3.00 junior/senior average (on a 4.00 scale) will be considered for admission.
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) are required.
- It is expected that students entering this degree program will have proficiency in Russian language and will have completed the B.A. in Russian or Comparative Literature.
- Students in other humanistic fields such as philosophy or history who have studied some literature and are proficient in Russian are welcome to apply.
International39248 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39248 USD per year during 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23082 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.